We know that everyone needs help with life’s challenges and daily demands from time to time. That’s why the assistance program offers a wide range of benefits and services to meet your diverse needs at home and at work and to help you cope with and manage life events. The UNC Asheville Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FSAP) is a confidential service provided by ComPsych, is designed to provide employees and their immediate family members with a resource to obtain guidance and assistance in resolving personal problems. To view the ComPsych HIPAA privacy notice, please go to www.guidanceresources.com/privacy.
What is the FSAP?
The Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FSAP) offers short-term counseling to help you and members of your household manage everyday life issues. Consultants are available to assist you with various needs, including (but not limited to):
- Coping with a serious illness
- Loss of a loved one
- Eating disorders
- Smoking cessation
- Emotional issues
- Relationship concerns
- Family relationships
- Weight control
- Financial planning
- Workplace concerns
All UNC Asheville faculty and staff are eligible to use this benefit immediately upon hire. Eligible employees include full-time and part-time employees. Members of an eligible employee’s immediate family (i.e., the employee’s spouse and dependent children) are also entitled to use the services. No enrollment is necessary
No charge for UNC Asheville faculty and staff. FSAP services are available to employees and their dependents at no charge.
In addition to legal and financial resources, the Faculty and Staff Assistance Program provides confidential assessment and referral services to assist employees and their dependents in dealing with personal problems. Example of problems include:
- Marital and family conflict
- Stress and anxiety
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Grief and loss
- Physical abuse
- Eating disorders
The UNC Asheville Faculty and Staff Assistance Program services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
There are two ways to access these benefits:
1) Call 833-515-0768. You’ll speak to a counseling professional who will listen to your concerns and can guide you to the appropriate services you require.
2) Visit GuidanceResources Online at www.guidanceresources.com and enter our company ID: UNCAEAP.
Remember, your Faculty and Staff Assistance Program benefits are strictly confidential. To view the ComPsych HIPAA privacy notice, please go to www.guidanceresources.com/privacy.
Life can be stressful. The Faculty and Staff Assistance Program is designed to provide short-term counseling services for you and your dependents to help you handle concerns constructively, before they become major issues. Call anytime about concerns such as marital, relationship and family problems; stress, anxiety and depression; grief and loss, job pressures and substance abuse. UNC Asheville’s Faculty and Staff Assistance Program services include:
- Too much to do, and too little time to get it all done? Work-Life offers extensive assistance, information, and support to help you achieve a better balance between work, life, and family. The work-life specialists at ComPsych can do the research for you, and provide qualified referrals and customized resources for child and elder care, moving, pet care, college planning, home repair, buying a car, planning an event, selling a house and more.
- With the UNC Asheville Faculty and Staff Assistance Program, you have an attorney “on call” whenever you have questions about legal matters. Speak with on-staff licensed attorneys about legal concerns such as divorce, custody, adoption, real estate, debt and bankruptcy, landlord/tenant issues, civil and criminal actions and more. If you require representation, you can be referred to a qualified attorney for a free 30-minute consultation and a 25 percent reduction in customary legal fees.
- Everyone has financial questions. With our UNC Asheville Faculty and Staff Assistance Program benefit, you can get answers to your questions about budgeting, debt management, tax issues and other money concerns from on-staff CPAs, Certified Financial Planners® and other financial experts, simply by calling our toll-free number.
- Go online to access timely, expert information on many topics, including relationships, work, school, children, wellness, legal, financial and free time. You can search for qualified child and elder care, attorneys and financial planners as well as ask questions, take self-assessments and more.
If you have questions regarding the current services through ComPsych, please contact your UNC Asheville Benefits Specialist in the Office of Human Resources at 828-250-2344.