The University of North Carolina at Asheville provides a comprehensive and market-competitive benefits package for employees in all stages of life and employment. The Benefits Services area of Human Resources is responsible for the coordination and administration of these traditional benefit programs. Please review our Benefits Package.
Advantages of working for UNC Asheville
Important items to note
You must enroll in order to be covered by a benefit plan. With the exception of mandatory retirement, benefit plan coverage begins the first of the month following your date of eligibility or qualified life event. Coverage for most benefit programs begins the first of the month following the date of hire. Changes made during annual enrollment become effective on January 1st.
- Permanent full-time SHRA and EHRA employees working 30 or more hours per week are eligible for all benefits.
- Permanent part-time SHRA and EHRA employees working 20 to 29 hours per week are eligible to participate in supplemental benefits such as NCFlex, supplemental retirement (403b, 457), pro-rated leave and contributory health insurance.
- Dependent children up to age 26 are eligible.
- Disabled dependent children may be eligible beyond age 26.
- Stepchildren may also be eligible.
- Spouses are eligible for coverage under all benefit programs.