Executive Order #257 -“Establishing an Incentive Program to Encourage State Employees to Receive Their COVID-19 Booster Shot”
The COVID-19 booster shot incentive leave program provides a day of leave for eligible staff who have a COVID-19 booster shot by August 31, 2022.
The key policy provisions include:
- Receiving a booster shot is entirely voluntary; employees are not required to participate in this program.
- Eight hours of paid leave is available to employees (SHRA and EHRA non-faculty staff and leave-earning faculty) who receive their COVID-19 booster shot on or before August 31, 2022.
- Probationary, time-limited, and permanent employees are eligible for this leave; however, temporary employees are not eligible. The leave is prorated for part-time employees
- New employees hired after the date of implementation of this policy are also eligible as long as they meet all other requirements.
- The leave is available only for the first booster shot received (2nd booster shots are not eligible).
- Consistent with other types of leave, supervisory approval is needed before employees may use the leave.
- This leave is not paid out upon separation.
- This leave is not transferable to another state agency/university. The leave will expire as of March 31, 2023 and will not be paid out.