- Career Banding Salary Administration
- Compensatory Time and Overtime Policy for FLSA Nonexempt Employees
- Compensatory Time Policy for SHRA Exempt Employees
- Expectations for Exempt Employees
- General Pay Policies
- Holidays & Holiday Pay
- Hours of Work and Overtime Compensation
- Leah Karpen Emergency Loan Fund
- Longevity Pay
- On-Call and Emergency Callback Pay – Note: UNC Asheville currently pays $3 per hour for employees in skilled trades, or the employee earns compensatory time in lieu of monetary compensation.
- Shift Premium Pay
Minimum Salary Requirements
All EHRA and SHRA positions, both part-time and full-time, are subject to certain minimum salary requirements.
- The federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) imposes a salary minimum for exempt employees (e.g., those who are salaried and not subject to overtime compensation) of $23,660 regardless of work schedule, both for permanent and temporary employees. Only salary paid directly through UNC Asheville’s Payroll System may be counted toward meeting this limit.
- In addition, the state of North Carolina requires a minimum salary requirement of $31,200 on an annualized basis. However, unlike the FLSA minimum, this $31,200 salary minimum is adjusted to take into account employee work schedule (i.e., less than 1.0 FTE and/or less than 12 months/year), and does not apply to temporary appointments.