Visit the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services to learn more about the vaccination roll out plan.
When you are eligible to receive the vaccine there will be no cost for members, it will be covered at 100% by the State Health Plan.
State Health Plan
The State Health Plan continues to work with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Blue Cross NC) and CVS Caremark to ensure you have benefits in place and remove any barriers to needed care during COVID-19.
For Members on the 80/20 Plan, 70/30 Plan and High Deductible Health Plan:
The State Health Plan will be extending the following COVID-19 benefits:
- The Plan is waiving the cost of treatment (medical treatment only) for members diagnosed with COVID-19, including associated deductibles, copayments and coinsurance. Any medications prescribed to treat COVID-19 will be subject to the copay/coinsurance. This waiver is in effect until March 31, 2021.
- The Plan is waiving the cost associated with the testing of COVID-19 regardless of site of service (where you receive the test) to ensure there are no cost barriers to testing. This waiver is in effect until the federal CARES Act requirement expires.
- CVS Pharmacy offers drive-through, self-swab COVID-19 testing at select North Carolina CVS Pharmacy locations. Members must register in advance to schedule an appointment and follow instructions provided during registration process.
- The Plan is waiving the copay for in-person and virtual Primary Care Provider (PCP) visits to screen for COVID-19. Screening visits will not be subject to your deductible or coinsurance, even if your deductible has not been met. This waiver is in effect until the federal CARES Act requirement expires.
We continue to monitor IRS guidelines as it pertains to the Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Day Care Spending Accounts.
CARES Act Memo for UNC Retirement Program Participants – April 29, 2020
Resources to Support your Mental and Emotional Wellbeing
Visit the Employee Wellness and Financial Assistant page for information and resources regarding mental health care and support, mindfulness and finding peace, family resources, webinars, tip sheets and more.
TIAA, Fidelity & Prudential
All in-person retirement planning sessions with TIAA, Fidelity, and Prudential that were scheduled for UNC Asheville have been canceled or rescheduled to virtual meetings. Future appointments are still available through the signup links below and will be held virtually until further notice.
- Schedule an Appointment with a Fidelity Consultant
- Schedule an Appointment with a TIAA Consultant
- Call the Prudential Service Center at 866-627-5267, or contact a member of the UNC Asheville Benefits team for additional information: 828-251-6605.