In early 2018, UNC Asheville faculty and staff participated in an employee engagement survey, a UNC system-wide initiative that will provide valuable information that will be used to establish baseline metrics and allow university leadership at both the system and campus levels to recognize successes and understand concerns that influence workplace culture.
The survey is part of a five-year project developed by the University of North Carolina to help achieve the goals of the UNC Strategic Plan. The survey also aligns with the Organizational Capacity Strategic Direction of UNC Asheville’s Strategic Plan.
The UNC System contracted with ModernThink, a company that partnered with the Chronicle of Higher Education to co-found the Great Colleges to Work For© program, to administer the survey. The program’s survey questions were included in the UNC survey, so UNC Asheville opted to participate also in the Great Colleges to Work For© program.
This summer, UNC Asheville will receive summary reports from ModernThink, the survey administrator. Only ModernThink will have direct access to each individual response, and the data are stored on ModernThink’s servers. Read here for more information on confidentiality.
This fall, leadership will begin sharing information from the survey with the UNC Asheville community, and will begin working together to develop initial plans to address areas that may need more attention.
Key Facts for Employees
- The survey was administered by ModernThink, an independent research and consulting firm that specializes in higher education climate assessment.
- Who received the survey? The survey was sent to all faculty and staff in permanent positions with appointments of .75 FTE (30 hours/week) or more. UNC Asheville also included adjunct faculty in the survey.
- UNC System Employee Engagement website
- UNC Statement on Survey Confidentiality
- UNC Asheville Engagement Survey FAQs
For questions about UNC Asheville's survey participation, contact Christy Williams at 828-232-5116, or email@example.com.