UNC Asheville employees are invited to participate in the 2018 Employee Engagement Survey, a UNC system-wide initiative that will provide valuable information that can be used to establish baseline metrics and allow university leadership at both the system and campus levels to recognize successes and understand concerns that influence workplace culture.
The survey is part of a five-year project developed by the University of North Carolina to help achieve the goals of the UNC Strategic Plan. The survey also aligns with the Organizational Capacity Strategic Direction of UNC Asheville’s Strategic Plan.
The UNC System has contracted with ModernThink, a company that partnered with the Chronicle of Higher Education to co-found the Great Colleges to Work For© program. The program’s survey questions are included in the UNC survey, so UNC Asheville has opted to participate also in the Great Colleges to Work For© program.
ModernThink is working with the Office of Institutional Research, Effectiveness and Planning and the Office of Human Resources to administer the survey to UNC Asheville faculty and staff.
Key Facts for Employees
- Your feedback is important to UNC Asheville! Among the topics explored will be collaboration, communication, supervision, workplace culture, and benefits. Honest feedback can help to improve processes and practices.
- The survey will be open from Monday, January 29 through Monday, February 12.
- The survey is administered by ModernThink, an independent research and consulting firm that specializes in higher education climate assessment. Employees will receive an email (see sample) on January 29 with an individualized link to the survey:
From: ModernThink <email@example.com>
Subject: 2018 UNC System Employee Engagement Survey
- The survey is confidential! Survey participation is voluntary, and answers are confidential. Only ModernThink will have access to individual responses. Read here for more information on confidentiality.
- Who will receive the survey? The survey will be sent to all faculty and staff in permanent positions with appointments of .75 FTE (30 hours/week) or more. UNC Asheville is also including adjunct faculty in the survey.
- Supervisors should allow employees to make time in their work schedules to complete the survey, which can be accessed from any device with internet access.
- UNC System Employee Engagement website
- UNC Statement on Survey Confidentiality
- UNC Asheville Engagement Survey FAQs
Open lab sessions for employees who need access to a computer or who have questions about the survey:
- Tuesday, January 30, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. in Karpen 036
- Thursday, February 8, 11:00 a.m. – 12 noon in Karpen 036
• For survey help, contact the ModernThink helpline, 888-684-4658
• For questions about UNC Asheville's survey participation, contact Christy Williams at 828-232-5116, or firstname.lastname@example.org.