Leave provisions for EHRA Non-Faculty Employees (Staff) are established in UNC Policy 300.1.1 for SAAOs and UNC Policy 300.2.1 for Instructional, Research, and Information Technology (IRIT, also referred to as IRPS).
- Adverse Weather and Emergency Event Policy
- Annual Leave Summary – SAAO Tier I
- Annual Leave Summary – SAAO Tier II and IRIT/IRPS
- Civil Leave (jury duty or subpoenas for court appearances)*
- Community Service Leave*
- Community Service Leave – Literacy, Tutoring and Mentoring Option*
- Expectations for Exempt Employees
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act-Leave Provisions [UNC Regulation 300.2.15]
- Family and Medical Leave*
- Family Military Caregiver / Qualifying Exigency Leave Policy*
- Family Illness Leave*
- Leave Without Pay** (see below)
- Military Leave*
- Other Management Approved Leave*
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pandemic and Communicable Disease Policy
- Sick Leave*
- Special Bonus Leave (FY 2017-2018)*
- Voluntary Shared Leave***
- Workers’ Compensation Leave
*General Leave Benefits: EHRA staff are entitled to the same state-prescribed sick leave, family and medical leave, family illness leave, civil leave, military leave, community service leave, and special legislative bonus leave given to employees subject to the State Personnel Act. However, with respect to sick leave, a Senior Officer may be advanced the amount of sick leave that can be accrued during the remainder of the year or during a twelve-month period.
- EHRA SAAO Tier I staff may request a leave of absence without pay, subject to approval by the UNC President, who shall report all such arrangements to the Board of Governors. A leave of absence for a period exceeding 90 days requires approval of the Board of Governors.
- EHRA SAAO Tier II, Instructional, Research, and Information Technology staff may request a leave of absence without pay, subject to approval of such leave by the Chancellor.
***Voluntary Shared Leave: EHRA staff shall be entitled to the same state-prescribed provisions concerning shared leave as given to employees subject to the State Human Resources Act with the exception that the donation and acceptance of such leave is calculated on the basis of days rather than hours.