- Help employees to quickly learn about the culture of higher education at UNC Asheville
- Provide necessary policy and safety information
- Help employees utilize university resources and business-specific processes
- Provide a positive, consistent experience for new employees
- Make employees feel welcome and valued
A tentative Onboarding Agenda can be found here.
“We may be very busy, we may be very efficient, but we will also be truly effective only when we begin with the end in mind.”
First Day Essentials
What to Bring on Your First Day:
- Bring ID - Please be prepared to complete the required Federal I-9 Form. We will need proof of your identification for this form. A list of acceptable identification is attached. The most commonly used forms of identification are a government issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license) and a Social Security Card. All employees must present the original documents; photocopies cannot be accepted. If presenting a Social Security Card, please keep in mind that some Social Security Cards should not be laminated (it is usually noted on the back of the card).
- Void check - Payday for employees in regular positions is the last working day of the month. Therefore, you will paid on June 30 for the days worked in June. We ask that you bring a voided check for direct deposit of your salary.
- Parking - The UNC Asheville Campus Map can be found at the following link: https://maps.unca.edu/ (Brown Hall is building #3 on the campus map.) On your first day you may park in Visitor’s parking, lot #P18 in front of Phillips Hall. For employees, parking decals must be placed on your vehicle in order for you to appropriately park on campus. The cost for the decal is currently $8.33 per month and can be payroll deducted. In order to register for parking and receive the decal, you will need your license plate information, the make and model of your car, your vehicle registration and insurance card, and your UNCA photo ID, which you will receive on your first day.
Prior to the meeting, you may wish to review the Benefits Summary located below. A helpful interactive tool to help you make your retirement election may be found at http://www.northcarolina.edu/hr/unc/benefits/retirement/decisionTool/DecisionTool.html
UNC Asheville offers a comprehensive package of benefits to employees in regular positions, designed to help employees attain their retirement savings and career goals, as well as help to meet their everyday needs.
See the Benefits Summary for more information.