Meet other new employees while learning about UNC Asheville’s culture, mission, benefits, payroll, and more!
From the East on I-40
Take I-240 towards Asheville. Take I-240 to Merrimon Ave (US-25). Turn left on W.T. Weaver Blvd and proceed to traffic circle and UNC Asheville entrance. Go up hill and at top of hill, make a right on to University Heights. Take University Heights to first left and proceed to bottom of hill. Continue on University Heights to P-17.
From South or West on I-26 or I-40
Take I-240 towards Asheville as you cross the river, move into left lane. Take US I-26 North proceed one mile to UNC Asheville exit. Turn right at the bottom of the exit ramp and proceed to the first traffic light. Take a left on to Campus Drive. Continue on Campus drive and turn right at the stop sign and proceed down the hill (you will pass two parking garages). Turn right onto University Heights and proceed to P-17.
Request a request a visitor (temporary) parking permit. You may either request it online at https://www.permitsales.net/UNCA, or go to University Police in Weizenblatt Hall (building 23). If possible, park in lot P17, Visitor parking next to Phillips Hall (building 15).
What To Bring
- Original and unexpired identity and employment authorization document(s) for completion of the Form I-9.
- For your comfort, we recommend you bring a light sweater or jacket.
- 9:00 – 9:30: Welcome & Icebreaker/ Introductions
- 9:30 – 9:45: Overview of the Program
- 9:45 – 10:45: The Core Values
Diversity & Inclusion
- 10:45 – 10:55: Break
- 10:55 – 11:40:
Care and Crisis Team
Campus Safety, Clery & Title IX
Environmental Health & Safety
- 11:40 – 11:55: UNC Asheville Communications
- 11:55 – 12:55: Lunch
- 1:00 – 1:30: Self-Care and Work/Life Balance
- 1:30 – 1:40: Announcements/Q&A
- Go to Weizenblatt Hall, lower level for fire extinguisher training (weather permitting)
1:45 – 2:30: Fire Extinguisher Training
For more information or if you have any concerns email firstname.lastname@example.org.