Spring 2022 News
Legislative Salary Increases
- The recently enacted North Carolina Budget Bill for Fiscal Year 2021-22 includes both legislative salary increases and bonuses for eligible state employees (EHRA and SHRA).The state-funded COVID-19 bonuses were included on the December 2021 paychecks, and the legislative salary increases will be included in the January 31, 2022 paychecks.
Eligibility for the COVID-19 Bonus
- All permanent employees who were employed on December 1, 2021, were eligible to receive a $1,000 bonus.
- All permanent employees who were employed on December 1, 2021, with an annualized base salary of $75,000 or less, were eligible to receive an additional $500 COVID-19 bonus.
- Sworn law enforcement officers were eligible to receive the $500 COVID-19 bonus regardless of base salary.
- Bonuses will be pro-rated for employees who work less than full time.
Eligibility for the Legislative Salary Increase (LSI)
- An across-the-board legislative increase of 2.5% for FY 2021-2022 is also included in the state budget. The LSI will be calculated based on the June 30, 2021 base salary.
- Employees who were employed in a permanent position on or before June 30, 2021 and on December 31, 2021, are eligible for the 2.5% increase, which will be reflected in their January 1, 2022 base salary and retroactive to July 1, 2021.
- Eligible, permanent employees will receive a lump sum payment reflecting the increase for the period of July 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021.
- This payment will be made in the January 31, 2022 payroll.
A list of frequently asked questions is available on the Human Resources website.
Fall 2021 Tuition Waiver Deadline
- The deadline for submitting tuition waiver applications for classes to be taken at UNC Asheville for Fall 2021 is: Friday, August 20, 2021. Tuition Waiver Applications should be submitted to the Office of Human Resources, Phillips Hall 217, or sent via campus mail to Human Resources, CPO 1450.*Note: Employees must meet the requirement for admission to the university and be duly admitted by the Office of Admissions to participate in the tuition waiver program. For program guidelines and the application form, please click here.
CAPTRUST UNC System Wide Virtual Meetings
- UNC Virtual Meeting Announcement and Scheduler November 2021
- How to-HTML email
Communication & Education Update
- November 2021 FE Strategies for staying on track_ADA
- November 2021 FE Webinar FlyerADA