Spring 2021 News
Black History Month 2021
- Governor Cooper has proclaimed February 2021 as “Black History Month.” Black History Month recognizes and celebrates African American culture and the many contributions Black Americans have made to our nation.
- Information about the Annual Black History Month Read-In sponsored by the NC African American Heritage Commission
- Other events taking place across the state of North Carolina
403b Universal Availability Notice and Annual Benefits Reminder
- The 2021 403B Universal Availability Notice has also been updated and posted on UNC System’s website.
- The 2021 Salary Reduction Agreements for both the 457 and 403b plans has been updated and posted to the UNC System website. Here is a link to the supplemental retirement page: https://myapps.northcarolina.edu/hr/benefits-leave/retirement/. There are two different agreements and you will need to expand the Supplemental Retirement Program menu and then click on either the 403b or 457 plan link (from the link above) to access the appropriate form.
Spring 2021 Tuition Waiver Deadline
- The deadline for submitting tuition waiver applications for classes to be taken at UNC Asheville for Spring 2021 is: Tuesday, January 19, 2021 for spring classes. Tuition Waiver Applications should be submitted to the Office of Human Resources, Phillips Hall 217, or sent via campus mail to Human Resources, CPO 1450.*Note: Employees must meet the requirement for admission to the university and be duly admitted by the Office of Admissions to participate in the tuition waiver program. For program guidelines and the application form, please click here.