UNC Asheville uses an online job posting and application system for all faculty and staff positions. The system allows you to:
- Search posted job vacancies
- Apply for jobs online
- Complete an online employment application
- Edit previously submitted application
- Receive notifications about future positions
Employees must be eligible to work in the United States and at UNC Asheville prior to the start of employment. In general, UNC Asheville does not sponsor nor coordinate work visas for staff employees.
UNC Asheville participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with information from your Form I-9 to confirm you are authorized to work in the United States.
How to apply:
- Complete an online employment application, including required supporting documents.
- Submit the application electronically no later than 11:59 p.m. (ET) on the closing date for each specific position. If there is no closing date, the position may be filled and withdrawn without notice.
- Any documents submitted to Human Resources or hiring departments become property of UNC Asheville and will not be returned.
After You Apply:
UNC Asheville appreciates your interest in employment. Therefore, your application will be carefully considered by human beings, not mechanically scanned for buzzwords! Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely meet the University’s business needs will be invited for interviews. When the position is filled, other applicants will be notified by email.
For Hiring Managers:
Jobs requiring an employee to work three days or less:
Department conducts search and selects temporary candidate. A “Temporary Employment Authorization” (TEA) form approved by the Division Vice Chancellor and Budget Officer is submitted to Human Resources no less than five working (5) days before the employee starts work in order to complete the mandatory background check.
Jobs for longer duration or where more specific or specialized job functions are required.
This employer participates in E-Verify.
UNC Asheville is committed to equality and diversity of experiences for our students, applicants and employees. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply regardless of socio-economic status, gender expression, gender and sexual identity, culture, and ideological beliefs. UNC Asheville is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will not discriminate against applicants and employees on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status with respect to all terms, conditions, and privileges of university-sponsored activities, employment, and the use of university facilities.