Please note, dining services (Chartwells) and the Bookstore are separate employers from UNC Asheville. They each have their own Human Resources department.
New Student Employees
Congratulations! We are excited to welcome you to the UNC Asheville student employment experience!
Federal regulation mandates employers verify employees’ authorization and eligibility to work in the United States. In order to complete the employment process and before you are authorized to work, you must complete the paperwork listed below and schedule an appointment with Human Resources. Employee’s must complete Section 1 of the Form I-9 by the first day of employment and provide the original documentation to HR by the third day of employment. Employment will be terminated if this is not completed.
Form I-9 – TWO Step Process:
1. You are required to schedule an in-person meeting in the HR Office to present the original and unexpired document of either one item from List A OR one item from List B AND one item from List C. Please reference the List of Acceptable Documents.
2. Complete the Form I-9. You are only able to complete the first page, but you must scroll to the end of several more pages, selecting “Next”, until the final page when you select “Submit.” Click here to complete the Form I-9.
The University requires all employees to participate in direct deposit. In addition to completing the Direct Deposit Enrollment and Change Form, we will also need either a voided check, a photocopy of a voided check, or a letter from your bank with the routing and account numbers.
Schedule an In-Person Meeting:
Please schedule a time to visit the HR Office – 217 Phillips Hall – with your completed paperwork and Form I-9 document(s).
**Do NOT email your completed forms since they contain sensitive identifying information**
International students working for the first time with UNC Asheville must contact the Global Studies Coordinator before working.
Returning Student Employees
- You need to sign the Student Employment Agreement (SEA) when you receive it.
- You do not need to complete the direct deposit, NC-4, W-4, and Form I-9 again, unless you are making changes.
- If you are paid on an hourly basis, you need to complete your timesheet in accordance with the Bi-Weekly Payroll Calendar. For additional assistance, contact your supervisor.
For additional questions, please contact: